Tuesday, June 17, 2008

School and brainwashing



I went to school this morning. For the first time I was there before fifteen minutes past the bell ring. In fact, today I was there much before that. It was just 7.30 am and yet there were some kids already walking in lazily through the school gates. There were always these kids who lived far away and were unfortunately also among the 'first batch' of kids to be picked up by the school bus; they would be at least an hour early for school. I was once again reminded of how lucky I was to be able to wake up even as late as 8 am and still make it to school not too late :)

I would say that many sweet memories came back to me and all that; but no, no such luck. School, as far as I remember, was not at all fun. Above is a picture I took at school today. On the notice board is a poster which reads "I love my school". I remember making numerous such posters with equally boring and false slogans. Maybe they thought they could brainwash us into believing that we really did like the place.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: