Saturday, June 7, 2008

Brothers Quay

While searching for animations and short films on IMDB the other day, I came across The films of the Brothers Quay. Immediately I googled the Quay Brothers and found this on wikipedia:

"Most of their films feature dolls, often partially disassembled, in a dark, moody atmosphere. Perhaps their best known work is Street of Crocodiles, based on the short story of the same name by the Polish author and artist Bruno Schulz. This short film was selected by director and animator Terry Gilliam as one of the ten best animated films of all time[3], and critic Jonathan Romney included it on his list of the ten best films in any medium (for Sight and Sound's 2002 critics' poll)."

I watched Street of Crocodiles this morning. (Here is the google video link to it.) Sadly I did not understand anything of the story when I watched it; I was a little distracted. I plan to watch it again with some friends now that I have read the wikipedia entry for this short movie.

No comments: