Monday, December 22, 2008

Fall Term

My reason for writing this blog was 'that five years from now if I am complaining about grad life I can look at this and remember that I have had some fun too.' I had not realised that I would be so busy having fun that there would be no time to write about it!

Fall term was full of activities - yoga (happy to have Amy back after summer break), bharatanatyam, modern jazz dance, DDR, tennis, wall climbing, and Sundays with Kshipra at cafe del doge :)

Kshipra and Onkar joined Stanford - obviously a big reason for all the fun I am having :)

Pleasant surprises: I managed to convince some friends to play DDR and try yoga! I remember having a really hard time trying to convince anyone to play on the trampoline or to join me in any other such 'childish' activities, back in my freshman year. And now, in my second year of grad school I have company to play DDR and 'leg-leg' (a game that involves kicking each other) and to have pillow fights :)

Finally, the most pleasant change is that I have started working on 'discrete math' :D So much olympiadish fun lies ahead!

No comments: